- To cultivate creative, globally competent, employable and disciplined computing professionals with the spirit of benchmarking educational system that promotes academic excellence, scientific pursuits, entrepreneurship and professionalism.
- To develop the creators of tomorrow’s technology to meet the social needs of our nation.
- To promote and encourage the strength of research in Engineering, Science and Technology.
- To channel the gap between Academia, Industry and Society.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to the conceptualization of Civil Engineering models.
- Identify, formulate and solve Civil Engineering problems
- Design solutions for complex Civil Engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and Civil engineering.
- Conduct investigations of Civil Engineering problems including literature survey, application of appropriate research methodologies, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering tools including prediction and modelling software, with due understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings and demonstrating a capacity for self-management and teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity.
- Communicate effectively on Civil Engineering issues with the engineering community and with society at large, and write reports and make effective presentations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Civil Engineering practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities of Civil Engineers and to contribute to the society for sustainable development.
- Understand the socio economic impact of Civil Engineering solutions and demonstrate knowledge of sustainable development
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations
- Develop ability to engage in independent and life-long learning to improve competence by critical examination of the outcomes of one’s actions in addressing Civil Engineering.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Civil Engineering discipline, with an ability to evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge.
- Critically analyze complex Civil Engineering problems, apply independent judgment for synthesizing information and make innovative advances in a theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Conceptualize and solve Civil Engineering problems, evaluate potential solutions and arrive at technically feasible, economically viable and environmentally sound solutions with due consideration of health, safety, and socio cultural factors.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEO)
- Gain knowledge and skills in Civil engineering which will enable them to have a career and professional accomplishment in the public or private sector organizations
- Become consultants on complex real life Civil Engineering problems related to Infrastructure development especially housing, construction, water supply, sewerage, transport, spatial planning.
- Become entrepreneurs and develop processes and technologies to meet desired infrastructure needs of society and formulate solutions that are technically sound, Economically feasible, and socially acceptable.
- Perform investigation for solving Civil Engineering problems by conducting research using modern equipment and software tools.
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams and advocate policies, systems, processes and equipment to support civil engineering.
Advanced Laboratory Details