- To inculcate intellectual IT professional leaders with creative minds, innovative ideas and empirical practical learning to meet the global challenges of the modern Information Technology.
- To provide dynamic learning environment for students and faculty for continuous learning to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
- To facilitate the latest tools and technologies through Workshops, Conferences, Symposiums, Project Exhibitions, Student Conventions, MOOCs, NPTEL courses etc.
- To promote fundamental research in the thrust areas of Information and Communication Technology through funding agencies.
- To develop highly analytical and qualified IT engineers by imparting technical training in the field of Information Technology, machine learning, bigdata, Cyber security, Artificial Intelligence and IOT.
- To maintain state-of-the-art facilities and laboratories where students and faculty can enhance their understanding of technology.
- To establish computing centers of excellence in the fields of wearable computing, data science, machine learning, and robotics in order to expose students on latest software tools and computing technologies.
- To encourage students to do research-based project and activities through industry institute interaction.
- Incubate, apply and spread innovative ideas by collaborating with relevant industries and R&D labs through focused research groups.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduates will be able to
- Demonstrate technical competence with analytical and critical thinking to understand and meet the diversified requirements of industry, academia and research.
- Exhibit technical leadership, team skills and entrepreneurship skills to provide business solutions to real world problems.
- Work in multi-disciplinary industries with social and environmental responsibility, work ethics and adaptability to address complex engineering and social problems.
- Pursue lifelong learning, use cutting edge technologies and involve in applied research to design optimal solutions.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need B.TECH. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY 2 for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
To ensure graduates
- Have proficiency in programming skills to design, develop and apply appropriate techniques, to solve complex engineering problems.
- Have knowledge to build, automate and manage business solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Have excitement towards research in applied computer technologies.