Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2012. Our mission is to create a research hub engaged in contemporary research in association with industries and other reputed institutions, impart best-of-class education to students with up-to-date curriculum and content in tune with industry requirements and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among students to enable a few launch their own ventures.
The department has the state of the art facilities for various laboratories, classrooms to support e-learning and department library. The department has a well equipped centralized workshop facility which caters to the needs of various departments. Guest lectures and industrial visits are periodically arranged for the students to supplement their curriculum. We strive for all round excellence in students, encouraging them in all extracurricular activities.
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- M.E - CAD/CAM
To provide the highest quality in engineering education and establish the state of the art research for innovation that will enable the students to excel in their field.
- To achieve high ethical and professional standards through effective teaching and learning process.
- To provide infrastructure for research and development activities.
- To offer consultancy services for the industries.
- To provide guidance to neighborhood and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- To prepare graduates who will create new ways to meet society's needs with their updated knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve, and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To promote student's awareness of life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex problems in Mechanical Engineering.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex Mechanical Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex Mechanical engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability of the graduates to perform in advanced machining by outrival of schooling thro’u internship between institutes – industry.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design a mechanical system using complex modeling and analysis software thro’u continuing education.
- Graduates will be exposed to industrial practices and acquire the ability to serve in core industry.