Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Association with IIT Bombay
CENTRE FOR RF & Communication Systems
The objective of the ECE department is to foster academic integrity with professional and social responsibility in students, to meet the exponentially growing requirement of practical design engineers in the country and abroad. The department has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members who have a strong commitment towards providing quality engineering education with high emphasis of electronic design aspects and to bring out quality research experience to the students in order to help them excel in current competitive scenario. The mission of the department is to impart quality education to the students, an education that includes the skills of innovation, problem solving, consensus – building and those of entrepreneurship. So that they meet the challenging requirements of the global market with competence in ethical and moral reasoning.
- B.E - Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.E - Communication Systems
- To be globally recognized for providing value based engineering education and research in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To provide a congenial learning environment which fosters creativity and innovation among students.
- To conduct value based courses for improving technical competency.
- To encourage faculty to attend workshops, seminars, faculty development programs and engage them in continuous learning and to use innovative teaching methodologies.
- To impart moral values and inculcate moral and ethical behavior.
- To establish Centre of Excellence in emerging areas in the field of Communication Engineering.
- To undertake collaborative work with industry and institutes and provide solutions for societal challenge.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
- The graduates of the program would have a successful professional career and engage in lifetime learning.
- The graduates will be able to work as a team or a team leader and exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- The graduates will be able to understand, analyze the technical problems and provide suitable solutions,
- To apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and computer science theory to solve the complex problems in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To analyse problems, identify and define the solutions using basic principles of mathematics, science, technology and computer engineering.
- To design, implement, and evaluate computer based systems, processes, components, or software to meet the realistic constraints for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations
- To design and conduct experiments, perform analysis & interpretation and provide valid conclusions with the use of research-based knowledge and research methodologies related to Computer Science and Engineering
- To propose innovative original ideas and solutions, culminating into modern engineering products for a large section of the society with longevity.
- To apply the understanding of legal, health, security, cultural & social issues, and thereby ones responsibility in their application in Professional Engineering practices.
- To understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental issues, and the need for sustainable development.
- To demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior and commitment to code of conduct of professional practices and standards to adapt to the technological developments of revolutionary world.
- To function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multifaceted environments.
- To communicate effectively to end users, with effective presentations and write comprehends technical reports and publications representing efficient engineering solutions.
- To understand the engineering and management principles and their applications to manage projects to suite the current needs of multidisciplinary industries.
- To learn and invent new technologies, and use them effectively towards continuous professional development throughout the human life.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Ability of the students to use industry specific hardware and software.
- Ability of the students to apply principles and concepts of electronics in industry based projects.